CD Orthodontics in the community and the schools!
As a community member and a mom of young kids, I enjoy giving back to the community in many ways. Whether its time or sponsorship, you will often see my name or face at a local event. We have even been featured in Lyon today for our community outreach!
Here are just some of the ways we have helped our community!
In The Schools
Some of the things we have sponsored: The South Lyon Educational foundation, Dolson elementary color run, Dolson’s turkey trot, March is reading month for Pearson and Brummer, Reusable water bottles for each student for fun runs, Kindergarten t-shirts for Kent lake, Fun run sponsor for Johnson elementary, Hardy hoopla and Hardy fun run sponsor. Salem Elementary kindergarten t-shirts, Pearson Pave the way T-shirts, Salem elementary back to school event – snowy owl sponsor. I have spoken to kindergarten classes at Sayre and Hardy Elementary about oral hygiene. South Lyon high yearbook sponsor and Football sponsor.
I was honored to be recognized with a plaque from both Hardy and Pearson elementary, and a special gift from Salem kindergartners!
I have donated to and participated in multiple Halloween events: Dolsen, Hardy, Bartlett, and Lyon township city trunk or treat.
Teacher appreciation: We provided breakfast to Spring Mills teachers during teacher appreciation week. We have given gift cards to local teachers that were chosen by our patients to be used as needed for supplies in the classroom!
We sponsor multiple sports teams: Novi Heat, South Lyon Thunder, South Lyon Volleyball, Commerce softball, South Lyon Matcats, South Lyon robotics, Muir Color guard, Milford band, South Lyon theatre and more!
South Lyon recreation winter basketball sponsor.
Local Community Events
- Kite festival sponsor and participant, pumpkin festival, Lyon township DDA sponsor, Scarecrow participant. Love 4 Lyon member. Member of the Brighton/Lyon Chamber of commerce.
- I have ran multiple food and toiletry drives for Active faith.
- I pack boxes for desert angels to send to active-duty military.
- I have organized an annual “Trunk or Treat” in our parking lot, providing space for local businesses to interact with the community
- For Halloween we ran, what some might consider, the most successful candy drive ever! We collected 2 (literal) tons of candy that we were able to send overseas and donate to multiple local food banks and blessings in a backpack.
- Pride festival sponsor!
- We held a customer appreciation party with Snowy owl in the parking lot for patients to enjoy!
- We provide and mail cards for the kids to write Mother’s Day or Father’s Day cards for someone special.
If you have made it this far, you can see we take great pride in being a part of this community and helping it grow and flourish!
See you around the community!
Dr. Chrissy ☺